Vickys Pecan Pie Bars, GF DF EF SF.
You can cook Vickys Pecan Pie Bars, GF DF EF SF using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Pecan Pie Bars, GF DF EF SF
- Prepare of Base.
- It’s 2 tbsp of milled flaxseed.
- It’s 8 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 350 grams of ground almonds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1 tsp of arrowroot powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Topping.
- It’s 20 of dates, pitted and soaked to plump up.
- You need 4 tbsp of milled flaxseed.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 120 ml of maple syrup.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 200 grams of chopped pecan nuts.
Vickys Pecan Pie Bars, GF DF EF SF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line an 11"x 7" tray with parchment paper.
- Mix the water and flax from the base ingredients together and set aside to thicken.
- Put the flax mixture along with the rest of the base ingredients into a bowl and combine to form a dough.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until slightly golden.
- Meanwhile, make the flaxseed/water mix and set aside as before then put that plus the other topping ingredients (minus the pecans) in a blender and puree together.
- Spread the topping over the baked base, sprinkle the chopped pecans over and bake for a further 25 – 30 minutes.
- Let cool then cut into even slices and enjoy!.
- You can use a 'cheesecake' biscuit base instead if you prefer or see my previously posted free-from shortcrust pastry recipe. You can also omit the pecan nut topping and use melted chocolate instead for a delicious Millionares Shortbread.